front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT STUFF.....MESSIN' WITH YO' STUFF

What have I been doing? Where have I been?

For those of us who sell stuff online the job is never ending.
Go shopping
Buy good stuff, not junk
Clean good stuff
Start pile of junk stuff to go back to thrift store
Put stuff in box
Take pictures of stuff
List stuff
Put stuff in box
Wait for stuff to sell
Put stuff in another box and take to Post Office
Lather, rinse, repeat

That's a lot of stuff

In July and August sales are typically slow and it's time to get your store inventory pumped up to get ready for the selling season from October to December. That takes a lot of time messin' with yo' stuff...

Some stuff you pay too much for. Like the vintage dresses I purchased last year from an estate sale for $7 each. I have sold exactly ONE. And what to do with the other 6? I hate to donate them but I can't afford to list them forever. (Note to self: admit you goofed and move on)

Some stuff you feel guilty buying because the price is so good. Like the vintage dressing gown I bought with tags still on it for 74 cents and flipped for $125. Or the Baby Gund Cow Lovey that I picked out of the free box that was NWOT and flipped for $45.



Awwwwh, she's so cute

I may have felt guilty, but I accepted the money. Some stuff you shouldn't sweat.

I have been trying to get my stuff in a row to go on vacation Labor Day week.

I have been trying to get stuff ready to list automatically every day so that I can get ahead and not have to do that particular "fun" stuff while on vacation. As most sellers know you have to list stuff to keep selling stuff.

And because stuff keeps on happening I am busy day and night.

Stuff like laundry, cooking and cleaning need to be done. Stuff that you have to do is not as much fun as stuff that you want to do.

And so, like the old saying.....Stuff Happens.

I'll try to keep you abreast of the stuff that is happening more often

No comments:

Post a Comment