front porch trash

front porch trash

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FREE GROCERIES...SORTA

On the way to the post office yesterday we passed a house that was recently sold and the new neighbors had moved in over the weekend. Apparently they unpacked everything and got all  the packing materials to the curb for trash day.

I sweet talked SweetiePie into stopping and letting me pick up the largest plastic bag I have ever seen...and it was half full of packing peanuts. I filled 2 1/2 garbage bags full to make them easier to store.
Score!!! I love free.


I recently listed a whole bunch of patterns. Some were Vogue Couturier which are high dollar if they are the right ones. I am still learning which are the right ones. I found several of the  patterns that the previous owner had removed from the original envelope and wrapped the pattern in the original sheet from the pattern catalog. I didn't know how that would affect price but I just pretended it didn't matter because most of the couturier patterns were very desirable and none were on ebay. As I was taking pictures I found something even more interesting with this pattern.There were two complete, uncut patterns wrapped up with the photo. Size 10 and 12. Double score. I boogied on down to Staples and got a color copy of the original catalog page and <POW> I had two couturier patterns. Sold one today for $50.  So I'm trying to decide now if I sold the free one or the one that cost me a quarter.;)

I wish I had this problem more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment