front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I HAVE A PROBLEM....A GOOD ONE I THINK

 Since Nephew moved out almost three weeks ago I have been working on the former craft/spare/nephew room. My plans are to turn it into an ebay room. A place to store inventory before listing and inventory after listing. I have moved some of my boxes into the room, but I have about a zillion more to move....UPSTAIRS....and my knee just won't take it very well. A torn ACL tends to do that.

Anyhoo, I painted the room last week with my oops paint. I had almost a gallon of very, very light aqua and it did two walls. Then I went to WallyWorld and tried to match up another gallon. The closest I got was waaaay to dark. What to do?? I purchased a gallon of base paint without the tint added. I then tested several mixes to see what ratio I needed to get the color of the paint already on the wall. Two parts white to one part colored and I have almost a match. Good enough to pass SweetiePies inspection.

Now my dilemma....I have a good sized wall that I patched holes from numerous picture hangings that is soooo nice.....smooth, no holes. I want to make this my wall for taking pictures. Now it looks so nice I don't want to put any hooks into it to hang my fabric. Here is a test photo...

This is a test, and only a test of the emergency broadcast system....
This is with natural daylight from double windows at the right of the wall, and the flash that I forgot to turn off. I'm hoping that most things will show up against this wall without a fabric backdrop. That's my old beat up table I put my light box on. Just the right height to sit and take photos.
 
Nice natural light....here kitty, kitty
I put Spot in front of the wall to guard it so it doesn't get dirty or any mysterious holes.

It may take a while....but I am sure I can fill it up. Right now I have only plastic totes but I have been on the lookout for some shelves or bookcases to stack larger things.

All in all....a nice problem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment