front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FINDING NEW STUFF....DO YOUR RESEARCH!!



I find that I really love the hunt. The hunt for treasures that is.

You enter a thrift store. The blood starts pumping. That musty smell overwhelms you. You tear up, you start sneezing, your eyes begin to water.... tears of joy or just an allergic reaction to dust.... What will I find today? Toys? Housewares? Clothing? Junk?

Well, if you are like me you find more junk than anything else. Yes, I have had luck with toys, household items and even some clothing but the most reliable stuff I find is junk. Sometime other peoples junk is just other peoples junk.

I had an errand to run yesterday and of course I HAD to go by the GW to see what was happening. I hadn't been in a couple of weeks and was afraid they would shut their doors without taking my money!!

As I told you in a previous post, I got a bunch of vintage F-P Little People and I was looking to add to the pile for a big listing. One GW that I visit has a nice section of little toys that are 3/99cents. Almost as good as a yard sale. I manage to find something most of the time. One time I found all 26 of the alphabet animals for the F-P play mat and the play mat in another section of the store. This time didn't disappoint me. I found some Little People and once again silver, and the random wooden train track piece.
Are dog and tiger brewing up something?
What is it with Little People? Are they hoarding silver? Do we need to pay attention?
All of this was in the 3/99cents bins. Now I don't think the silver teaspout strainer was really a toy. You'll poke your eye out!!
Need a little polish
Since this is not sterling, just silver plate, not a lot of value. I think in the $10-15 range. Although I found the same design here for $68. I  don't think I could sleep at night if I listed it for $68, knowing what I paid for the thing! Of course, if someone wanted to purchase it for $68 I wouldn't refuse the money.......who needs sleep!

Happy hunting and watch out for that junk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment