front porch trash

front porch trash

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanks for the feedback...I think


We all work for positive feedback. Its part of the feedback game that we all play. Feedback can be a good thing or hurt your store and sales.

But this is just plain weird.

A bit of background before you judge the feedback I received.
Nike Shox Vince Carter Respect Sneakers
I  had these shoes listed for several months and no bites. I had no idea how much they were worth because there were only a few pair sold and the prices, colors and sizes were all over the place. So of course I started them high at $249.

I finally received an offer one morning last week. It was  for $100, less than half price. I thought I could push the envelope a little and counter offered with $125. The buyer accepted and we were off. I was able to ship that day since all of this occurred while I was trying to get sales packed and shipped. Money in the bank...soon.

The post office did its job and got them there quickly. The next day he left this feedback:

"The undertaker is coming beware. He is rising from he dead. Rest in piece" 

My first thought was what the h---?

Should I be upset? Should I laugh? Should I call ebay?

 In the end I decided to chalk it up to a weird guy and let it go. Six more feedback and he goes to the next page!!

Would you be upset?

Would you call ebay?

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure. Kinda sounds like a death threat to me....but then I jump to extremes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first read it that's what I thought. Then I looked at the spelling and thought...nah...just weird.

      Delete
  2. Great sale for you!

    I wouldn't take someone who can't spell very seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah anyone who is creating "spells and potions" would need to spell it correctly to get the results they wanted.

      Delete
  3. Strange, I would look to see if he normally leaves weird feedback for sellers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just checked his feedback and it is all weird. I guess I should be grateful that there is no sexual innuendo in my feedback. He does need a few spelling lessons.

      Delete
  4. That is weird. It reminds me of the days when feedback could be fun to read because there really was no control over what people left, buyers and sellers alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe he is referring to the wrestler Undertaker? Does the Undertaker wear this type of shoe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I was thinking of the wrestler too. But he's all black. We used to watch him when we were younger. :)

    ReplyDelete