front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Don't you just LOVE returns?

What is it this week with returns?

First a vegan purse that the buyer opened a return request for "careless packaging. item permanently crushed in transit"  My first response was to ask for pictures and a picture of the shipping box. Yes, I shipped it in a regional rate box, cheaper than parcel select which is what she paid for and besides it would protect the purse. Wrapped in tissue, placed in the box and shipped.

Now I am a reasonable person and the only way that I could think of an item being "crushed in transit" is if the box was damaged. So I requested photos. Crickets and no photos. No other communication.

So......time expired and ebay wanted to know if I wanted to escalate to a case. Sure, I asked for photos and received nothing, absolutely nothing. Now why would I expect ebay to find in my favor? I just requested photos to verify damage, nothing like proof of what had happened or anything special. Now the purse is supposed to be returned to me and then I must refund their purchase price plus return shipping. All for something that, I believe, was not damaged at all. Plain old buyers remorse for an item that had been used and had some light signs of wear, like on the edges of the vinyl, (listed as pre-owned and disclosed in the pictures) and buyer did not want to pay return shipping. I don't know if I will get it back or not but I hope I do because I want to see for myself the permanently crushed in transit part.

And now I open my personal email and there is a message about  a Pampered Chef item that "everything looks great accept it is missing one of the rubber foots (to assist with not scratching surfaces you lay it on) at the bottom. Is there any assistance I can get from you in getting the rubber foot for it". It was new in box and I know the "foots" were there. Of course I am grateful that she did contact me first and didn't just open a case. So now I am trying to get a new "foots" from PC.

So, like everyone else, things have been slow. I have sold things but not a lot. Barely enough to make expenses. But I have this itch to go shopping. Not because I need to shop but because I am so tired of listing all of this small stuff. I'm trying to get the small stuff out of the way to get to the good stuff and I had two week ends of yard sale success and I'm tired of walking around it in the house and the itch will probably win.

Maybe SweetiePie will go with me and help scratch. I'll even buy lunch.....





7 comments:

  1. sorry about the returns....I think 99% of them are buyers remorse just not wanting to pay return shipping.

    I want to yard sale in a crazy way. Half of me if thankful there is currently snow showers out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow showers?? I saw on the news that snow was up your way. I went out today thrifting and it was 70 and sunny. I don't think I could take snow for as long as you guys up "nawth" have.

      Delete
  2. I've had a few hard people to work with and like you, I am very easy going.

    I had a man lie right to me in like 5 emails saying he couldn't use my cell phone tower because it was stolen out of a burning home? I was like what? It was mine! And he said the ATT people told him someone set a house on fire after they stole it. lol.

    OMGOSH the stories people will come up with instead of just saying they don't want it or something.

    I'm guessing he didn't read that it didn't work with prepaid cellphones. Long story short, I accepted it back and lost out on return shipping also. We just never know when we will get a buyer like that. Shew. For me, I'm glad they are far and few between.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most customers are great but the bad ones are the ones you remember. I try to deal with them cool and professional, but sometimes they try my patience. Why won't they respond? And when they do you wish they didn;t. Can't win...

      Delete
  3. I had one return awhile back but the buyer was honest in his reason. (Found something cheaper) He was asked to return it and never did. eBay messaged me and asked if I needed their help. Seems lately "their help" only benefits the buyer. I never had them escalate and the case eventually closed. He never returned the item so I did not need to refund him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone is going to claim damage why do they think they don't have to send proof? I don't know them and they don't know me. Let's just be honest. I had a vtg mini Scrabble game in a plastic case. Buyer claimed damage, went into great detail, but when I asked for pictures never another word. She didn't get a refund.

      Delete
  4. Hope you get photos so that you can file a claim if it is damaged.

    ReplyDelete