front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's Always the Season...Selling Season Hopefully

Happy New Year to everyone. Here's hoping to a more prosperous year than the last. I know everyone is ready to settle down from the holiday season and.....list, list, list.

It's no fun being sick at Thanksgiving. Especially when the family comes to your house for dinner.

It's no fun being sick at Christmas when everyone comes to your house on Christmas Eve.

It's just no fun being sick.

But I survived two rotten colds with lots of congestion and mucus...lots of mucus....and aches and pains. Now everything can only get better.....right?

I missed the blog world but believe me I was busy in the "real" world. I'm running out of storage room for listed items. I have been trying to operate out of a single room at home with listed items on one side, in totes and on shelves and unlisted items on the other side hanging on a rack and on shelves. And on another wall my photo set up. I need more room. So I am taking over another room in the house. Thank goodness there are only the two of us in our "nest" and I have the room. I can't wait to get all of my unlisted stuff in one room, take photos and then move it to the storage room.

I hope this change means that I will be able to have my dining room table back, my sofa back and a place to put my stuff inventory. But I just can't keep from acquiring more stuff inventory.

Last year I visited my favorite thrift store on New Year's Eve and got a huge free haul. Same thing this year? Nope. They must have learned the error of their ways and decided not to give away so much stuff. I got a handful of free stuff and only spent $15 on everything I purchased yesterday.

I ventured out to see what I could dig up. I haven't been thrifting/sourcing very much since Thanksgiving (sick/busy/sick). My first stop they had three matching recliners on the sidewalk with free tags. Don't need a recliner, don't need three recliners. Not much else. I spent $13 in the store. $13...I can't remember when I spent that small an amount on inventory.

My next stop is where I usually find all of the free goodies. Bins were almost empty. And they didn't bring out any new stuff. And I only spent $1.78 in the store. But the line of incoming stuff was long and they had lots of stuff stacked at the back door.


This is my $15 haul. John Meyer of Norwich embroidered jacket, chicken scratch apron, vintage linens, cast iron door stop, straw trivets, 3 free milk glass cosmetic jars, pancake molds, 5 printed fabric panels, Baby Einstein (no accessories) and free books and magazines for the grand kids.

This is additional free stuff. Two Lalaloopsie dolls, one missing an arm, Fisher Price Nativity figures, wood toy, cassette tapes and the box is for the dolls.

Now the big move into the new space. Of course I would love to paint the room before I move everything , but I don't think I want to take the extra time to paint. My SweetiePie can't help and I just don't think I want to tackle it by myself and keep listing and selling. I just want more space.

Now get out there and list for the New Year...list...list...

5 comments:

  1. I was researching nativity sets earlier this year and I saw some of those fisher price sets sold for big bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two of the mangers but not all the essential figures. Maybe by next year I'll have enough to have two partial sets.

      Delete
  2. So sorry you have been sick. That stinks. Painting that room won't help your sales...LOL

    Wishing you a very prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your way of thinking. Paint won't increase sales!!!

      Delete
  3. I heard Scavenger Life also and it is just a fluke that I found a jacket. I think someone hid it because it is a short jacket that would go with a skirt or pants and it was hiding in the heavy winter coats. My good luck. I sure it makes life easier with more room

    ReplyDelete