front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

EBAY HAS ME IN TIME OUT

Does anyone else ever feel like ebay puts them in time out for infractions of their rules?

Last week I had an item to sell, a lot of playing cards, that I didn't have in inventory. Why? Because I sold them 3 days earlier on Bonanza and forgot to take them off ebay.  Because of my mistake I had to cancel the ebay sale. I apologized to the customer and she was fine with it. Life moved on. Or so I thought.

For the next two days, no ebay sales. Coincidence? Maybe, but I don't think so. Last week I had only 8 sales all week. I very rarely have a Fri, Sat, or Sunday with only 3 sales. I realize that I should be grateful for any sale because from what I read and hear things are slow all over ebay. But as a comparison, I have already had 9 sales from Sun to Tues of this week. To make matters worse every time I try to get a traffic report it is "unavailable". Come one ebay, give me my reports. 

That's why I feel like ebay has put me in the corner for being a "bad seller". I haven't changed my listing pattern. I still list at least 5 items every day and do 10-20 relist items every day. What more does ebay want. They are only ultimately hurting themselves, along with me. I am also trying to stay within my 500 free listings for my store. Its not easy. Especially if you don't sell anything and have to relist everything. I am slowly getting rid of low view items and replacing them with higher priced things.

Just for curiosity I added up all of the items on page one of my store that had watchers. I had a total of $3900 in inventory and about $1600 worth of things that had watchers. That's a lot of watching. Where is my magic lamp? I need to make a wish that everybody watching an item would magically purchase it. Yeah, that sounds good.

Oh, just on page one. I don't want to be too greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment