front porch trash

front porch trash

Sunday, January 15, 2012

HERE I AM......BURIED UNDER THE STUFF!!!

Whew....I gotta come up for air once in a while.

To say that I have been busy would be quite an understatement. As everyone knows who lives in shops thrift stores January is THE month for shopping. Everyone is cleaning up for Christmas and after Christmas they are making room for their "new stuff" so things end up at the thrift store.  (Gotta get that tax deduction)Yeah for us who buy thrift store stuff when there are no yard sales. I have tried to restrain myself, but that is next to impossible with all of the good stuff out there.
I have picked up a few plush animals...
I think that is all, but who knows what is hiding in the closet...

I also picked up a few items of clothing...


I think I have counted at least three more piles of clothing in various locations around the house. I have listed lots of clothing, but I still have a lot more to go.
I also like to hit the housewares section. And of course I picked up lots of stuff there but didn't get any pictures before I listed and boxed the stuff. 
And don't get me started on shoes....I picked up a bunch of those also.
Got a pair of Harley boots and bunches of children's shoes. My daughter Smarta** picks things up also and I list and sell for her and get a % of the profit. She found a pair of Triumph motorcycle boots and asked if I wanted them. They were not in my budget for the day so she paid $8 for them.
Triumph on left, Harley on right,
This particular store does not have access for my new smart phone so I couldn't check them on ebay. After we left the store she checked and found out they go from $50-$150. I have kicked myself several times over those. Oh well, I still get a % of the profit.

Here is hoping that your new year has started out with a bang.
If not, find a spark and get that fuse going.

No comments:

Post a Comment