front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, June 16, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

No, it's not my anniversary. It is my parents, or it would have been their 77th anniversary today.

I don't know how they did it. I guess they were from the era where you made things work and just lived with it. I never saw my parents fight, but they did have a few serious discussions with strong voices. Mom was the strong one and Dad was the quiet one, at least most of the time. Sometimes they reversed their roles, and somehow they knew just when it would work.

Dad has been gone since 1986 and Mom has been gone since 2005. I miss them every day. Mom called Dad Doodle sometimes and I never heard Dad call Mom anything but by her given name. I know they are back together, forever.

I just hope I can make things work like they did. And yes SweetiePie and I very rarely fight, but we do have lots of those serious discussions with strong voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment