front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WE DON'T FEED OUR CHICKENS STEROIDS OR HORMONES.....NO SIREEE......

I was getting things going for dinner for chicken enchiladas. I opened a pack of boneless chicken breasts. The size of this thing was amazing. I find it impossible to believe that the normal growth of a chicken could produce a breast this size. And this is only one half of the chicken breast!!!!
The Dolly Parton of the chicken world.
Way back when I was learning how to cut up a whole chicken......I don't remember that chicken breasts were this big. I realize that selective breeding has increased the size of chicken breasts, but holy cow!

What do they selectively breed roosters for?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 comment:

  1. that is not "selective breeding" that is thanks to the large amounts of hormones and steroids injected into our poultry. I recently bought a fresh rooster (it was alive and they killed it for me) and I was amazed at how small the breast meat was when I started cleaning it. the whole cut was mostly dark meat! I'm never buying store chickens again after seeing what a real chicken breast looks like.

    ReplyDelete