front porch trash

front porch trash

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

AIN'T I SMART...?

I must admit that money is tight at my house. Like it is everywhere. Well I am finally at work. I thought when I accepted the job that it was full time, WITH BENEFITS, but they changed their mind after 3 days and decided to hire two of us for the same job and split the hours. Gee, thanks.

Lets see....I need a job to get experience so I can get a permanent job....so I guess I'll just work part time until something better comes along. A long way from the pitch when I was hired about becoming "part of the family" and a "long term member of the team". Nothing says family like screwing you over after just 3 days of work....not even a kiss.

Oh, and the other "member of the team" is already history. She lasted 4 days... they didn't like her attitude!!

It's sad to think that I went to school for two years, studied my butt off, and graduated with a 3.9 GPA, did excellent with my externship and it took me over 4 months to get a PART TIME job. No one told me in school that I would have such a hard time finding a job. The medical field is full of opportunities, blah, blah, blah.....that'll be $1200 tuition and $600 for books and because you own your own home and are married to the father of your children you don't qualify for any scholarships...blah...blah...blah

Of course, my advanced age could have had something to do with the job search. If I want to RETIRE from my job, I need to have had a job in the first place. My retirement plan has always been to work until I die. Now it looks like I will work part time with NO BENEFITS until I die....ain't I smart...?

I think I will file this under trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment