front porch trash

front porch trash

Friday, May 20, 2011

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU BANANAS.........MAKE LEMONADE?

Shopping is always fun when you find bargains. Or maybe you thought they were bargains. It's not a bargain if you don't do something with it and save it from the trash.

For example:
What do you do with four pounds of ripe bananas before they go bad? Now, you must realize that I don't do bananas. I can not eat a banana...period. Can't stand the texture....it just will not go from mouth to stomach without lots of ... well,.you know.  I do like banana muffins and banana bread. The texture is different and I don't have a problem eating bread and muffins. Of course some good ol' butter helps too.

I popped the ripe bananas into the bowl of my mixer and smushed (that is so a word) them up, added a teaspoon of lemon juice to keep them from going black and I now had 7 cups of banana to deal with.

Not to fear....I whipped out my trusty recycled plastic ware and packaged two containers of bananas and popped them in the freezer for another day. 5 cups down and 2 to go.

Banana Bundt Bread!!!
YUMMY!
Now to find something to do with this round thing.The empty tape roll. And I have already thought of a wheel for a toy something.
Any suggestions...

...besides my SweetiePie's suggestion of the trash can?  GASP....how dare he!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment