front porch trash

front porch trash

Saturday, August 27, 2011

BLOWING IN THE WIND

I have always like the Bob Dylan song, Blowin' in the Wind.

Not so much the actual blowing in the wind, as in Irene.

We are hunkered down here watching our tall tall trees blowin' in the wind. Several years ago we had to have a very old oak tree cut down. It was leaning and starting to die and we were afraid it would fall on something or somebody. When it was cut down almost 3/4 of the inside was hollow. An accident waiting for a place to happen. I hated to see the old oak tree cut down, but it was time. I am glad now that we don't have to worry about it hitting the house or barn. The old gentleman who cut the tree down estimated it was between 200 and 250 years old. Yikes!! And it was about 120 feet tall. I guess we should have called him "Big Boy".(oak tree...acorns...nuts...;p

Here is hoping that all of your tall tall trees will just be blowin' in the wind.

What a week. An earthquake and a hurricane.

Lets hope next week is dull and boring.

1 comment:

  1. I agree girl, I'm over the crazy weather. Top off those two here in Va. with a swamp fire of all things, that has been burning for months, and the hurricane still didn't put it out! Glad you did well. I have a gumball 3 stories tall that made it through, I just wish I could afford to cut it down. They need layaway for the thousands it costs to cut a monster like that down!

    ReplyDelete