front porch trash

front porch trash

Sunday, March 13, 2011

MIXED UP WEEKEND

When things aren’t the way they should be it sure makes life upside down.

My SweetiePie fell at work on Friday and we spent Friday night in the ER. Oh what fun that was. I left him there after 8 ½ hours of waiting. He had been assessed and was waiting for transport to the main hospital so I went home to not sleep. He only had to wait for 2 more hours before being transported. The reason I could not transport him was, the doctor said, that sometimes the patient stops along the way (Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc.). Oh yeah, I would run in to W-M at 4 am for, oh let’s see….a roll of duct tape, nail polish and oh yeah that new vacuum cleaner I’ve been looking at…..then I’d go to the hospital. Sure Doc. Of course I could buy two new vacuum cleaners for what they are going to charge me for transport to the hospital. Now they are running every test they can think of to find out why he fell. He has a bad right knee, it gave way, he fell and hit his head on the pavement, slight concussion.I'll send you a bill.

I did do some thrifting on Friday before the ER.

I love the graphics on this kit from 1972. The box says 20 pre-printed patches. Any way you count the patches there are 22. So much for proof reading in the 70's. One patch has been cut and is missing but everything else is there. Probably not very valuable, but the funky factor is off the chart. Peace sign, smiley face, mushroom, lady bug. POW (as in comics, not war). Also inside the box was an unopened checkers set and coloring book. The checkers set says made in Hong Kong so they are old.

We also opened the kitty buffet this week end.

My daughter and I bought a large bag of cat food and shared it since we both have cats. One of her cats, a Norwegian Forest Cat named Fearless, decided that the buffet was open and helped herself. You can tell she is a bit puny! She only weighs about 22 lbs. Gotta keep up her strength for all that napping.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your husbands feeling better after your weekend. Groovy find!
    Peace,
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete