front porch trash

front porch trash

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Passport please


Sometimes, well all the time, I am surprised at what I sell daily.  This weekend was a slow one. I only sold 6 items all weekend, including a late one on Friday. I think it's due to the fact that I only listed 3 items on Friday, one listing on Saturday and 5 listings on Sunday. I had 4 sales on Sunday. It always goes like that. If I don't list anything I have crappy sales. If I list 3-5 items I have decent sales. Of course ebay officially denies any connection to listings and sales. How about the fact that they were all on the east coast? Huh ebay?

A shout out to Nancy for helping me find out what this was.
They are Maori nesting dolls from New Zealand called Whanau dolls. I had a hard time finding out myself what they were. I was thinking aborigine from Australia, so I was close. But thanks Nancy for the help. (And glad you are feeling better)They sold over the weekend for full asking price and they are going to Australia. I think if they do any more traveling they will need a passport. And I just noticed that I misspelled New Zealand in my listing. Duh!!! (That was the sound of me hitting my head with my hand) Also taking the trip to Australia is this:
Sold for $6, not much but it was free!
It's an Awana Cubbies Handbook. Living in the Bible Belt, I know all about this. Awana is a teaching/social group at local churches aimed at school aged children. This is the beginner handbook. It was new, unused and in the free section.

Gosh, I love the free section.

I stopped in at my local GW last week while out doing errands. I hate it when I pick out something, this time a nice Nike workout tank top, and when I get it to the counter I am told "This should have been hanging up". Meaning, I want to charge you $3.29 for it instead of $1.39. What I wanted to say was that you should have hung it up. But I was just about to say no thanks when the clerk said that since I had several things that should have been hung up and that it was their mistake, she would charge me the bin price instead of the hanging price. Yeah!! I know it is a battle for the clerks because some people take things off hangers and dump them in the bin expecting to get bin price. But I don't do that and I would think that these employees, who have been there a while, would know where things should go. Sure, they are swamped with donations now and things get tossed here and there because they have a limited amount of time to get the donations out on the floor and a limited amount of personnel.

This little speech from a clerk about the hanging or not hanging item is the same clerk who dumped a pair of cowboy boots on the shoe rack with horse poop and straw still clinging to the bottom. I know because last week I purchased these boots and they were loaded with dried horse poop and straw and totally dirty. I ain't afraid of no dirt, or horse poop!!!
They cleaned up really well and sold for $43
And they sold within 6 hours of listing. And they were Ariat Fatbaby boots. And they didn't mark them through the roof. Probably because the bottom of the boot was so dirty that there was no place to mark them up!!

Meanwhile, I'm trying to find an excuse to go thrifting this week. Any ideas?


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :) I'm glad I could help. You never know what you're going to find. I hope you got a good price for them. I sold a pair of those Fat Baby boots once too. Seems like they sell well. I keep my eye out for them now. I think the horse pooh may have scared me off LOL. It gives me the willies to clean dog pooh off my own shoes. I don't know if I could do it off a strangers. You're a stronger woman than me. Nice sales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told SweetiePie that I never envisioned my retirement career as a person who cleaned the soles of shoes. It's not the dirt on the soles that bothers me, it's the smelly insides that gross.

      Delete
  2. I keep hoping I will stumble onto a pair of Fat Baby's my size at the thrift. I like them but so far no deals. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to find them AND in your size. I never find any shoes in my size. All of my thrifting and I have only found 2 pair of shoes that fit me, and I didn't get them.

      Delete
  3. the ts by my house staples tags on the bin stuff so people can't put hanging clothes in there Also the hanging clothes all have price tags as they price their clothing at different rates (along with everything else which is silly) Should be a flat rate for stuff in my opinion Would save them a lot of time

    ReplyDelete