front porch trash

front porch trash

Saturday, December 28, 2013

CHRISTMAS AND SICK DON'T RHYME

Merry Christmas everyone...is it here yet?

That's what happens when you get sick at Christmas. You just want to sleep your way through it.

For our little family we have the grand kids, and the adults that go with them, over on Christmas Eve to do the food, gifts and such. This year I had a project I was working on for my oldest daughter and I spent last weekend trying to finish. I've had this idea in my head for a while to make a storage/drying unit for her etsy shop. She makes colored doilies here and when she gets a big order she has doilies spread out all over her kitchen and dining area. No way to dry them but lay them flat and let them dry. So I had a plan.

It was her big gift for Christmas. I got all my tools from my youngest daughter's house where we have been working on a window seat ...forever...and cleaned off my tool bench in the garage and went to work. Last Sunday it was almost 80 here. So I was outside working away when the battery in my drill went pffffft. I reached for the back up one, that was charged and ready to go...not. Two dead batteries for a willing to work drill/screwdriver and a deadline.  It was dried, vintage wood and no way was I going to put a gazillion screws into the wood by hand. The project didn't get finished and I got a head cold from it all. I ended up giving my daughter a gift certificate for the storage unit. I did show it to her and ask for suggestions for improvements. I've taken pictures and will spill the beans when I finish. I think it will be kinda neat. A vintage porta crib, plastic totes  and window screens turned into a drying/storage unit.

And now I feel like warmed over spit (blame that one on my grandmother).

Hope everyone had a wonderful and busy Christmas with family and friends.

And don't forget to eat black eyed peas(coins), greens(bills) and corn bread (gold) on New Year's Day for good luck. Go stuff yourself all in the name of good luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished storage unit. It sounds cool. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete