front porch trash

front porch trash

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WHATS IN THE FOOD YOU EAT?




So you every have cravings for something? I mean even if you aren't pregnant.

Last week I had to have some ice cream. Didn't need it, but had to have some.

We don't buy many sweets on most trips to the grocery store. If I buy ice cream I will eat it. Even in little bowls it still is extra calories that I don't burn off sitting at the computer.

Last Thursday I had been busy all day. Four loads of laundry hung on the line to dry. Then they didn't quite get dry and I had to put them in the dryer for 10 minutes. But I got them all dry and folded and made dinner from scratch and just generally busy. I wanted ice cream.

Sweetie Pie said, "go get some". You don't have to tell me twice.

On the way to get ice cream, I remembered Sonic has their milkshakes for half price after 8pm. Well, since it was after 9 I was good to go. Now Sonic is not my first choice for ice cream. But I had two things going for me. One, controlled portion and I could only consume what was in the cup. Two, they were half price. 

When I ordered I forgot to say no whipped cream. Big mistake.There was enough of the white stuff to fill up at least a 1 cup measuring cup. And no cherry :( So when I got home I scooped the "whipped cream" off the top and just dumped it in the sink drain thinking it would just dissolve. Thought no more about it and enjoyed my milk shake.
 
What is this stuff? and what is it doing going into my body. 

I'm sorry I didn't get a picture but it never occurred to me that it would still be "fresh" in the morning. When I touched it with my finger and rubbed them together it felt like Crisco.....yuck.

Next time I'll go buy ice cream at the grocery store. At least it doesn't come with a Crisco topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment