front porch trash

front porch trash

Monday, August 26, 2013

GETTING READY TO GO

I must apologize for the rant yesterday. But sometimes I gotta....

Vacation is coming up. Yeah....a working vacation....but at least a vacation.

My daughter SmartA** is going to Dragoncon again this year. So I volunteered to tag along to drive there and back and drop her off at the convention. It worked ok last year but I think this year it will be better. We have a plan and know what to expect. I hope I get to see a lot  of the people dressed in their creative outfits. Some you would not believe. There are some very creative people out there.


And while she is at Dragoncon what do I get to do? I go thrifting!!! Last year went pretty good. This year should be better. I hope to get to more stores and find things that I don't find around home. Some brands of clothing that are good sellers on ebay I never see here. Hopefully I will be able to find some in Atlanta. Even if I don't buy them I can see them and touch them and know what to look for and hopefully find some here at home.

After my rant about ebay, watch what happens. Things will pick up next week, while my store is on vacation. I know some ebay sellers put their store on vacation all the time for a day or two when they want sales to pick up. I tried this once and it seemed to make it worse instead of better.

I try to get listings scheduled to list while I am away. That is a nightmare. I try to list 5 things a day, every day. While on vacation I drop it back to 3 a day. Last year when I returned I had about 18 things to pack up and ship. A little less than an average week. This year, with all of the slow sales, I don't know what to expect.

So back to taking pics, writing listings and laundry and cooking and just normal stuff. Keeping an eye on the calendar though...can't wait!!!

Keep an eye on my boots for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment