front porch trash

front porch trash

Friday, May 31, 2013

LOOK IN ALL THE NOOKS AND CRANNIES

SweetiePie is always wondering why it takes me 4 hours in a thrift store. Well, you have to check everything and in every area. You never know what you will find or where you will find it. For example, I found a Brother monogram attachment for any zig zag sewing machine in the game section at my favorite thrift. See, it is in the box with all of the discs for the alphabet and instructions!!


As I was standing there, counting all the discs and looking at the price on the front of the box $24.30, and figuring if I could make a profit. Let's see $24.30 less 50%, and should sell in the $30-40 range, yes that could be triple my investment. Put this baby in the cart. When I got to the check out the man running the register (who just happened to be the store manager) asked what it was. I said a sewing machine attachment for monogramming . He said, "wow, it still has the original price on it". What?? $24.30 is the original price?  What was the thrift store price, you ask?
Plus, I used my 50% off coupon!! Now for a cost of 63cents, I think I may be able to "squeeze" a profit out of this item.

So, the moral of my story is: Leave no item unturned in the store. Look at everything.

Now, if I could just get the darn price off the box I would be one happy thrifter.

**When I got home I checked the completeds and found that this is not a big seller. Maybe $25, but still I'll make a good profit. I would have loved one of these when my girls were little. I'm hoping that some Mom or Grandma will feel the same way. I'm still glad I bought the complete set. It won't sell fast but it should sell for a good profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment