front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, May 30, 2013

GETTING THE JOB DONE

Well, well it sure has been busy hear at the ol' homestead.
Ah fixin' stuff, ah buyin' stuff, ah sellin' stuff and ah makin' stuff.

My daughter, SmartA**, has settled into her new house pretty well now. And she has unpacked almost all of the boxes that are there. She still has some stuff, not much, that she needs to get from our house. In the meantime we have been working on her kitchen cabinets. I've gotten the frame up and the shelves are in.
Just ignore that bowl of ice cream on the ladder. My reward for
getting that far.

And next week we hope to get the vintage windows mounted on the frame. She is going to try and prime the inside this week, if she has time. Not bad for my first set of built in cabinets. You can's see the scuffs on the left wall where we had to "persuade" the frame to fit. If I could correct a few things I would have made the shelves inset in the framework, but at this point we would have to rip out everything to do that. Not gonna happen!!

On the thrifting front I have had some great finds lately. I had a 50% off coupon for my favorite thrift and I have used two of the four I had. I think I will save the others for September when the coupon of the month is any coupon that you have left over from previous months. I will be making an out of town thrift trip in September, but who can resist 50% off!!

I found something I have never seen before and at first thought it had been embellished by the previous owner. But after research I found out it is original. Look what I found!
It's a Vintage Vera Charm Scarf. Early 50's. I had never seen one before. According to research they were made from surplus WWII parachute silk. This one has no holes, but does have some color variations, which is normal for the age. But over 60 years old!! I priced high and can always reduce the price, but for the age I think it's fair. Link
Also on the same trip I found a Lilly Pulitzer shift, some JJill linen and silk tops and dresses, several things NWT. The Lilly Pulitzer sold in an hour and half after it listed this morning!!! Lilly
I have been trying to research everything before I list. On the Lilly there is one exactly like the one I sold and it is listed for $54, different size and almost no description. I just checked and it isn't there, must have run out, but in checking completeds it has been relisted at auction twice with no sale.

Also on the same trip I checked an area that I usually just overlook, belts.Usually the belts are pretty beat up and so out of date that I never find anything. There is one time SweetiePie found a Brighton belt, with tags, at GW for $2. I found an Allan Edmonds belt, a per se belt, and this belt that sold last night. You can bet I will check belts from now on.

Happy thrifting and selling.....let the games begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment