front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, April 18, 2013

IT MUST BE OFFICE WEEK

When you go yard sale-ing do you seem to find a theme to things? Or is it just you find one thing and that kinda puts it in the front of your brain?

This past weekend I went out sale-ing again. As if I needed any new stuff. My house looks like a thrift store as it is. I really needed to stay home and finish my taxes. I know, I know I should have finished weeks ago. So I am the worlds biggest procrastinator. Wanna make something of it?;p

Saturday was yard sale day. Sunday was tax day.

There was a sale at a church that we have done well with things in the past. Last year Smarta** and I got there at the end of the day and they were practically giving stuff away. I picked up some vtg Pyrex and Smarta** got another crock pot, for soap. Some good finds all around and I was hoping for the same results again this time. Not disappointed. I found an old stapler that looked interesting.


An Ace Pilot model 402 turns out to be a good $20+, picked up for 50c
Continuing with the office theme I found this Harvest Gold beauty. Not the popular Panasonic, but probably made by the same company and its heavy duty. It works perfectly. However, it does cause the cat to jump and Sweetiepie has the scratch marks on his lap to prove it!!


Also found this little gem. A mini Inarco head vase, marked 1963. When I picked it up it still had the original price tag of $1 from Miller & Rhodes. This was a whole 25c and should bring in the $40-50 range even though it has a mfg crack in the hat. She needs cleaning.(I probably should take the big wad of gum out of her hat.....ugh gross)
Also picked up 6 RCA VCR Video tapes, sealed, $20-24
4 Spice of Life Tumblers (the ones that match Corning Ware), $20
7 striped tumblers from the 50's (unmarked and haven't found maker yet),$20-35 depends
Christmas tablecloth,
Jet Eraser refills, for architects electric eraser, seems they are hard to find!!!
Conair clipper set,$15-20
Bisque thimble with cat,
purple leather "fluff" kitty change purse,$7-10
Pyrex red Holiday (with pinecones) 2qt casserole, no lid, 1961 promotion item,$10-15 unless I find a lid and then it is $25+
and some things for the little princess, of course.

So that is what has kept me busy.
Washing, inspecting and then pictures, editing and the never ending job of getting the darn stuff listed.

Oh, and SweetiePie and I celebrated our anniversary on Tuesday. I still don't know how we could have been married for 41 years when I am only 39!!?!!

How was your sale-ing?

No comments:

Post a Comment