front porch trash

front porch trash

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

CHRISTMAS OR NOT .... UGLY IS UGLY

As a former wearer of Ugly Christmas Sweaters I hesitate to call them ugly. Tastefully overdone? Everything but the kitchen sink?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or so it's supposed to be.

I have seen some really unusual sweaters with all sorts of bling on them. Some are sold that way and some are "gussied up" to be really ugly. Imagine my surprise when on my weekly thrifting expedition I found this little 3X gem.

 Now, I realize that this is not a Christmas sweater but I think that it ranks right up there on the ugly list because of .... tassels!!

See the tassels? I can imagine the designer saying, "oh my we have yarn left over, let's add tassels to strategic areas of the sweater. One right under each monster shoulder pad would be good. How about another one right here between the boobies. And one on the biceps to highlight those muscles" Oh yes, much better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment