front porch trash

front porch trash

Thursday, August 30, 2012

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Do you ever get tired of it all?
Shopping
Cleaning
Photographing
Listing
Packing
Mailing

I bet you are just as tired as I am. Of course the rewards are pretty good.

Until you get that jackass that you sold something to and they expected something that was fresh off the shelf of their local museum. And no amount of anything will comfort them, short of refunding everything and maybe kicking in another $10 so they leave great feedback.You know the one. We all have them. Sometimes more than one...on the same day or week or lifetime.

Well sometimes there are the ones who make it worthwhile. I recently picked this at my favorite thrift. The opposing side is a gray blue color.
 To tell you how much I know about chess sets, I had to call my daughter to ask how many pieces are in a chess set. That's how much I know.

It sells in 3 days. I mail it and this is the email I received today.
 
Wasn't enough room in the feedback box to express my thanks.
Just wanted to convey my gratitude for a noteworthy transaction.
I collect chess sets and I buy and sell over 100 chess sets a year on Ebay and I've never seen one quite like this one. It is unique, attractive and exceptional.
You did a nice job on your listing but if I had known how sharp this little set was gonna be I would have bid even higher than I did.
Also, this set looks like it could have easily gotten damaged in shipping if you hadn't gone out of your way to properly pack and package it. It made it 100% intact without so much as a scratch to a single piece. After seeing how neat it is I would have been devastated if it had shown up damaged like many do.
Again, thanks for a wonderful and noteworthy transaction.
I would buy from you again and would highly recommend you to others as well.


Well, I have had to deflate my head after that. And just one thing, it was a buy it now, not auction.

I'm thinking that I probably under priced the set ($25 + shipping)since it sold so quickly and the guy said he would be willing to pay more. But I was happy. If I had priced it at $99 it would have probably sat until forever.

Emails like this one make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment