front porch trash

front porch trash

Friday, April 20, 2012

IT PAYS TO THRIFT...REALLY

I have been telling my SweetiePie for years that it pays to thrift.

Well, today it finally came true.

I had a hugh bunch of thrifted clothes to run thru the laundry and on my second load I opened the door to the dryer and look what was there.....
I can truly say that I have never found money in anything I have ever thrifted...until now. I was drying a load of mens pants, shorts and jeans. Somebody forgot to check their pockets before donating.

Has this ever happened to you? Feels great!!!

I have found money in parking lots, two fives folded up outside a bar(no I wasn't IN the bar, I worked across the street), $50 in a mall on vacation and various coins on the street.

IN OTHER NEWS......

I have survived tax day. We get a refund.

I have survived my computer crashing, twice in two weeks. I purchased a refurbished CPU on ebay from a company in state and when I called they offered to send me a replacement and a call tag for my old one.
SWEET!!!! So now I am on my second new unit this year. I hope this one is OK with no problems.
I think I will survive ebay. With the moving of my stuff from upstairs to downstairs and moving the nephew in upstairs I had let ebay kinda do its own thing  for a while there because I didn't have any energy left to list new things. I just renewed everything. I was selling but my store numbers were down and I had some issues with some customers  (got them resolved) but lost my Top Rated Sell status. OUCH!! That hurts when it comes to fee discount and the ranking in search listings which ultimately affects sales. I have still had sales but I also have gotten my listings up from 460 to 530. Whew!! The higher number of listings the better the calculated % will be, hopefully. Today is review day, so I will find out in a couple of days.

Now I need to get my butt in gear and get all of this stuff listed as fast as possible so I can earn some coins and bills. Hopefully it will be more than what I found in the dryer.

Happy thrifting!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up. E-Bay can be so tiresome. I had an issue with a buyer, offered refund, pay for the item to be shipped back, etc. And she still wanted to keep the item?! I've laid off for a while just for some sanity. Take that $5 and do a small something for yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Most days I love ebay, but then there are days I just want to S.C.R.E.A.M.
    I was tempted to just stick that $5 in my pocket when I went yard sale-ing yesterday but I decided to save it for a treat for myself. Chocolate sounds good....

    ReplyDelete