front porch trash

front porch trash

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Returned Item Insurance Coverage

When I opened an insurance claim for this package:
I was assured by ebay that return packages were full insured. As a top rated seller you receive $100 per priority package insurance instead of $50 for regular sellers. Or at least that is what I have read.

You would think that the same amount would apply for return labels.

Nope. Only $50 on a $160 claim. I guess ebay isn't a top rated seller ;)

That is totally OK because karma will get you. And I am willing to wait until ebay gets their karma back. Especially on the defect rating system.

2 comments:

  1. If the buyer had not returned it, would they have gotten the full $100? I insure most of my packages with shipsavers because I do not trust the post office insurance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I insured it going but when they received it they said the box was ok but the mixer "sounded funny". Kind of hard to hear how it sounded in an email. It sounded fine when it left so I had it sent back. I called ebay to verify that they did insure it for the trip back to me. They said fully insured. I got a check for $50 and then the next day a letter saying I could appeal the decision of $50 payout. I haven't appealed yet, trying to think of how I should approach the problem.

      Delete