front porch trash

front porch trash

Sunday, December 25, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.....

Where has all the time flown?
It was just spring not long ago and then summer and then Halloween and Thanksgiving and now
Christmas is here.
Have you been as busy as I have been lately?
Grandchildren tracked out of school, Christmas shopping, Christmas listing and selling on ebay and finally the big day.

We have our family on Christmas Eve.
Give the kids some food, lots of candy and send them home!!
Works for me.
Not so good for their Mom and Dad!!

Some of us didn't get too stressed
I don't know about all of you out there in cyberland, but I don't like the rush and stress of Christmas. Get this, buy this, go here, do this, do that. I wish we could just take it easy and not feel so stressed to do EVERYTHING perfect.
I didn't have time for a big tree this year. But at least I finally got one up. Small, but it does the job. And the cats have inspected it and it passed.
Our meal of choice for Christmas is lasagna. After the super huge feast at Thanksgiving with all of the rich and bad for you stuff we started having lasagna several years ago.I don't make lasagna very often and we tend to dig in. It is much easier than planning and fixing 7 or 8 different things for the family. Lasagna, fruit platter, veggie platter, salad and bread. And of course dessert.
The princess' don't particularly like lasagna. Don't like the ricotta and all the cheese. Daughter Smarta** came up with this for the princess dining pleasure.
Gingerbread spaghetti!! Got these little dishes at Michaels
one year after Christmas. Perfect for a meal for one.
They liked them, after we peeled the cheese off
 Fun and food was had by all. Of course I needed a nap after they went home, and I just sat down and got one!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND TO ALL A GOOD......YEAR





I have a new plan for thrifting next year that I will share soon.
Don't make too many new year's resolutions......

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with the running around thing! I have also realized kids don't necc. care about all those items in a meal, they just want it special - like you did, made it fun. Glad you had a good time. Love your Grinch, my kid sleeps with his year round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually put the Grinch out for SweetiePie because he really is a Grinch at Christmas.
    Think Martha Stewart would approve of the gingerbread spaghetti?

    ReplyDelete